Natasja
Natasja asked:

Hi, can anyone recommend a book or series that's just as good as the Alex Hunter series?

To answer questions about Beneath the Dark Ice, please sign up.
Steve Wells I would try Matthew Reilly. His Scarecrow series are great fun, and get more action packed with each novel.
I also really like the Oregon Files Series by Cussler. 1st 2 were a bit slow, rest are great
Fernando James Rollin's Sigma Force, by far the best written of the genre. A step above Mathew Reilly and Boyd Morrison.
Corey Baltzer The Event Group series by David Lynn Golemon is similar. Crazy action, and creepy science that scarily seems possible.
Mark John Ringo's "Ghost" series has outstanding action in a similar vein, although keep in mind that Ringo himself describes it as "techno-thriller crossed with porn" - there is a lot of pervy sex (mostly S&M) woven into the main character's lifestyle that may make the series distasteful for many people.

The main story arc and action sequences are very well written; were it not for the tacky sex references, it would be my first recommendation to anyone looking for paramilitary thrillers.
Ross Rawnsley I have to add the late Vince Flynn's Mitch Rapp series!
Image for Beneath the Dark Ice
by Greig Beck (Goodreads Author)