Gerneylee Carter

Slate Magazine reviewer hated this book. I am enjoying it tremendously perhaps for the exact reasons he hated it. Many things he says i feel I have to write down because they express feeling I have which have been left unsaid.

To answer questions about Thirteen Moons, please sign up.
Susan Summers I adored this book, I stretched out the reading of it just to keep hearing his voice. Charles Frazier in true Southern style loves language, he loves story telling, and he loves to develop his characters and let them live large in our hearts long after the book is closed. Thirteen Moons also told an important tale that harkens back to my heritage, and is not told in such detail and with such human passion anywhere else. A fabulous read. I loved Cold Mountain, I love that Frazier takes so long to turn loose his polished gems, and I am in his debt for providing me with such reading pleasure, if only every so many years.
Martha I love this book so far. I actually like it better than Cold Mountain. Sort of reminds me of Diana Gabaldon writing style. Deep into peoples thoughts and details to see everything.
Scotty Charles Frazier is a VERY talented modern writer. I will not go into what I think about most of the idiots who critique books. Thirteen Moons is a delight to read. It's not as good as Cold Mountain in flow and character development, but it is still great.
Image for Thirteen Moons