Sam
Sam asked:

Why didn't she say anything when the incident happen with Frank?

To answer questions about Silence, please sign up.
Katelynn Marie Englehart She did not know how her family would responded. Plus she answers your question when she says he told me not to or your mother will hate. It's not easy for a child in her predicament to tell someone about what happened to them especially if they feel threatened by the person who is hurting them.
Kaiya It is true that she could have spoken up but she did try once but her father came in so she couldn't that is when she was forced to go silent but she was told if she spoke up no one would believe her and it would break her mums heart.
Amanda She actually says she tried to tell her mother and then her father came in.
MS CAROLYN BARKER A child her age, although “warned” by her father to “not speak” about her abuse by Frank, would DEFINITELY have told her mom, I feel. She would have been too young to consider the consequences on her mother by revealing what had happened, as she would have been so traumatised by the abuse. Her mother should have definitely noticed the trauma in her daughter around the time of the abuse events. How did Frank get into the child’s bedroom anyway? Can’t believe I actually sat and read through this sheer badly written book ( I thought it would get better - but it didn’t!!). SO repetitive in places. Written by an amateur who seemed about 14 years old. Bad grammar and tenses.
Image for Silence
by Natasha Preston (Goodreads Author)