Canadianmurfster

Which one should I read first? 'Stamped from the beginning' or 'How to be an antiracist'. TYIA

Mary I would say, just jump in! I read "How to Be an Antiracist" first because it's shorter and thus less intimidating. I'm glad I did because it is part memoir, and for me it was helpful to have a sense of Kendi as a person as I embarked on reading "Stamped."
Kumari de Silva I asked myself the same question and ultimately I decided to read "Stamped from the beginning" first because that one is a history of racism. I figured if I understood the history of racism it would inform my ability to be anti-racist, whereas if I read the second one first it might not tell me anything I don't already know - - speaking as a person of color
Teresa I read the remix Stamped by Jason Reynolds first. This was a good choice for me. Stamped from the Beginning was 19hrs long and the former was 3hrs. They both were great. I'd definitely read both books though!
Jamie James The answer depends on whether you would prefer to read a book written for youth or for adults
Image for Stamped from the Beginning
by Ibram X. Kendi (Goodreads Author)