Elaine
Elaine asked:

I don't understand the worlds... So is the mage world a different universe or something? Is it on earth? How did Iolanthe get transported to England, and even know about it in the first place, if she lived in a mage world?

To answer questions about The Burning Sky, please sign up.
George I remember no evidence that the nonmage world is unaware of the mage world. They just don't interact all that much. And all the countries are most emphatically on the same planet, and accessible by technological means of travel.
Yogesh Jain The mage world's are large islands on the earth which are hidden from the human eyes, Must be some old magic of hiding in place. ..
Allyson Orr It's not explained very well. I do think that at least some of the magical realms are hidden under oceans - Atlantis and at least one other. It also seems like part of the domain is at the north pole. Maybe they are just hidden in remote or inaccessible places.
Shelby Day I took it as being on earth. It reminded me of Harry Potter. The muggles just saw a regular train station, but the magical people knew they could go straight through the 9 3/4 platform. It could also be compared to Narnia in which the children go through a wardrobe and enter the magical world.
Image for The Burning Sky
by Sherry Thomas (Goodreads Author)