Bagman
Bagman asked:

Is it necessary to have read any of the previous books in the3 Colson series? I usually avoid reading books in the middle of an existing series. It often feels like entering a theater in the middle of a movie.

To answer questions about The Forsaken, please sign up.
Fran I think any one could stand alone but there is very evident continuity when reading in order. If planning to read more than one.........start at the beginning. I first saw a review of The Innocents (#6) and decided to start with #1 and I am quite happy I did. I just completed #6 and am hoping there is more to come.
Darden North I would begin with the first in the series although Atkins does attempt to weave in enough backstory to fill-in. I am listening to "The Forsaken" without having finished the previous novel and finding a little trouble following some references to the characters' earlier troubles.
Image for The Forsaken
by Ace Atkins (Goodreads Author)