Irene Kim
Irene Kim asked:

I don't get something... in The Blood of Olympus, Annabeth mentions that she has an uncle and a cousin in Boston(pg. 393). BUT, in this blurb, it mentions that Magnus is an orphan and also has an uncle. Is his uncle Annabeth's dad, and who is the uncle Annabeth mentioned? From the blurb, I'm assuming that Magnus's godly parent is his dad, but that doesn't really fit with Annabeth's story...

To answer questions about The Sword of Summer, please sign up.
Serena There are a few other possibilites "son of a Norse god" might not mean a male god (his mother is a Norse goddess?) - or his mother is mortal and was married to Annabeth's uncle but a Norse god produced Magus with her (what happened to Annabeth's uncle - is that the cause of her father's rift with her uncle?) - the uncle isn't Annabeth's dad (his father's brother) but the brother of his mother. I guess we will find out for sure when 'The Sword of Summer' gets here.
Image for The Sword of Summer
by Rick Riordan (Goodreads Author)