Gabriela Busmar

is it true that you can start to read the book by any part and will be okay?

To answer questions about Hopscotch, please sign up.
Milou Pujol No. The book is split into 56 regular chapters and 99 “expendable” ones. You may read straight through the regular chapters (ignoring the expendable ones) or follow numbers left at the end of each chapter telling you which one to read next . A reading of the book in that way would lead the reader thus: Chapter 73 – 1 – 2 – 116 – 3 – 84 – 4 – 71 – 5 – 81 – 74 – 6 – 7- 8, and so on.
It's one of my favorites books. I simply loved it. But I recomend you to read it one way and to wait a little to read it the other way. Hope you enjoy it!
Chris Danby Given your username, I'll credit you with some sort of familiarity here, and will go so far as to consider the possibility that your question is actually an invitation to discuss whether or not the third reading of the novel is possible.. Certainly, there is a game Cortazar plays, and invites you to play, and that game mimics life, and our incessant interpretation and perversion of information, and if you truly want to play then order really doesn't matter. I chose the masculine reading, and wound up hoping 55 would shed some light, but of course it's all up to you in the end. If you're simply looking for straightforward and unbiased advice, then approach this novel as you will, just make sure that chapter 99 receives the attention it deserves.
Lucia It's so true! It's an amazing and complex book!
Image for Hopscotch