Jean Piper
Jean Piper asked:

What should I expect if I listen to this book? Does it teach us things?

To answer questions about Yes Please, please sign up.
Emily Do you learn from other people's life stories and experiences? If so, then yes.
Gena Writing a book while having a successful celebrity acting, writing, directing, producing, hosting career, raising 2 young boys, and dealing with complicated personal relationships is really, really hard.
Kristen listen to Bossy Pants first then you get the idea.
Natasha Michelle The audiobook is amazing. While 75% of it is autobiographical, she does try to incorporate mantras and lessons that she's learned and implemented.
Rachel Bowanko Amy Poehler includes important life lessons hid by satire and witty anecdotes. It's completely artistic and phenomenally written but still powerful.
Cynthia What I learned is that Amy is honest and candid. I'm not sure what you expect to learn, but if you are looking for a strong female who stands up for herself and is liberal minded,then yes, I think she has some lessons here.
Jorge Figueroa Not really, she is grateful for the life, the people she met that helped and worked with her, and she talks about her kids and her friendhips with people form SNL
Maura Umm I expect it to give advice but to also be very sarcastic and funny.
Vanessa Yes! so much funnier and she has special guests
Ines Macias-Perez It's a memoir. You will learn about the author. She's frank and unfiltered which I appreciated but some might not. She shares the lessons learned and advice to those wanting to get into the business of comedy/entertainment. She shares the challenges of being a woman in comedy and a mother balancing a career and family. All things most of us can relate to.
Kaleb Humor.
..................................
Yes.
Dean You will feel stupid for listening and/or reading it. It will teach you to avoid rubbish like this in the future though. (Don't waste your precious time.)
Brenda Listening to this book was awesome, like she was talking to you about her life. The audio book also has guest readers, and the last chapter is read in front of a live audience.
Min Min Patrick Stewart reading an awesome poem.
Image for Yes Please