Kendall
Kendall asked:

Just finished reading. Thoroughly enjoyed the book - well-developed characters, descriptive but not overly-so language, plenty of plot twists. Disclaimer: I listened to this using Audible so it's possible I missed something. But ... Carolyn? Are we provided an explanation for that relationship? For anyone who is still reading, I don't wish to ruin the ending. but ... ?

To answer questions about A Good Marriage, please sign up.
Rebecca
Lauren I'd say this was the one part of the story that didn't work. I also never understood why Carolyn felt mad at Amanda, in that last call.
Mary Kate Mason
Debbie
Rachel Welch
Marissa
Jenny SPOILER: I also listened to the book and walked away with the same question. The last phone conversation with Carolyn seemed important and kept the mystery going. Leaving it as, "oh it was just a delusion" seemed like a cop out. I thought the imagined father and Carolyn were the weakest parts of the plot.
Sarah
Lucy Thanks for the helpful answers, I feel like this part was a little underdeveloped and not thoroughly explained.
cdundas I wondered the same thing. Saw some good answers below.
Jacqueline
Image for A Good Marriage
by Kimberly McCreight (Goodreads Author)