Janice Devereux

Is it tame enough for my 92 yr old mother-in-law? Don't like her to think I would give her anything too spicy!

To answer questions about Some Luck, please sign up.
Myste There are a couple over-detailed "intimate" scenes that were probably not needed (mainly the oldest boy's visit to the prostitute)... but they're more unpleasantly awkward and unnecessary than spicy.
Kathleen Hruby My whole book club was bored with it. There was nothing to anticipate or look forward to discovering. It is not even possible to create a spoiler for this story. I just joined goodreads. Should have joined a month ago. Tame is not reason enough to suffer through these pages. Of course this is all my humble opinion.
Judy Blackman Definitely, just a family saga with historical references to that time period.
Vikki Yes, she'll love it.
Maggie Sievers Yes. It should bring many memories to a 90's person.
Yvonne Oh my goodness yes. And she will relate to a lot of it I'm sure. Its a life story. No swearing, no sexiness, just people and the world around them.
Linda There are a few scenes that might cause some to blush, but I'm definitely going to recommend this to my 91 year old mother. I know she'll love it.
Kym I believe this would be tame enough. :-)
Image for Some Luck
by Jane Smiley (Goodreads Author)