Beverly
Beverly asked:

Did anyone find it hard to follow along at the beginning of the book? I think i have the characters correct now....clyde is the mother of ellen elaine, horace. cassandra the daughter of ellen....Armory the husband of Clyde and the father of the three mentioned children above...I am only in part two but I want to have the characters right,,,please correct me if I'm wrong

To answer questions about Sweet Water, please sign up.
Psmith6315 smith I also had a hard time with the beginning, it is now getting better and almost finished with it.
Elizabeth Yes, I just started it, very difficult to follow. Cassie has just arrived in Sweetwater and it is starting to be easier to follow.
Susan I'm nearly half way through and still struggling. I have the characters down, mostly, but the story is so disjointed it seems to me. I want to know what happens but hoping the story lines begin to be more cohesive.
William Wehrmacher I had a hard time as well, particularly in the very first chapter trying to decide who the "I" character was, and, of course, who were the "he" and "she" characters as we had no point of reference in the first chapter.

About a quarter of the way through the book I grabbed a piece of scratch paper and drew a family tree. I guess I am not the only one. ;-)
Diane No, I didn't. I got it from the start. I liked the way the characters evolved.
Beth You are correct and I too had a hard time figuring out who was who - especially when there were cousins brought into the mix. Alice and Troy are Elaine's (adopted) children and Chester and Ralph are Horace and Kathy's sons and I think there was one more son who we never really "met".
Image for Sweet Water
by Christina Baker Kline (Goodreads Author)