Paula Jenkins
Paula Jenkins asked:

About quarter of the way through. Have to have a strong stomach to read this. Its very explicit. How are others finding it?.

To answer questions about The Zone of Interest, please sign up.
Linda YES!!! I finished it in two days after I got started. It is horrible. But, if people lived it I can at least read about it, so I know what really happened. Life is horrible sometimes.
Robert LoCicero The Holocaust was no joke. More than Jews were victims and more than Germans were perpetrators. Author Amis lays it all out and it does seem surreal in the amount of common daily behaviors played out within the abuse and slaughter of our fellow human beings. I am also halfway through the book and eager to see what the "final solution " for Doll, et al, looks like.
Natalie Marra I can't say that this is my favorite book (especially because I thought it was genuinely about a king/kingdom/magic mirror) but it's obviously Amis has a great handle on how horrible people can be, especially in Nazi Germany. I was definitely disturbed more than once reading this!
Image for The Zone of Interest