Bizzie Peterson Lawrence

Is this book appropriate for a pre-teen reader?

To answer questions about Big Summer, please sign up.
Jen Langdon Um, hard no. lol
Amy If you want her to get the impression that you can meet a guy at a wedding and have drunk sex and lo and behold he is in love with you and will be by your side forever, then it might be.
Thorn No, no, and not at all.
Laura Lineberger No. I think it would be if not for the pretty graphic sex scene in the middle of it. It's just one scene, and the rest of the book would be mostly okay for a mature young person, but that scene alone would disqualify it for pre-teen readers, in my opinion.
Donna McComas No-very mature scenes and themes.
Meghan Darby Nope. A very graphic sex scene. The themes will also not be fully realized for even the brightest reader of this age range.
Ann No. This book is for adults. The themes will resonate with mature readers.
Diane No. This book is not appropriate for a pre-teen reader.

Rachel S I'm not finished with it yet, but I'd say probably not. There is a fairly descriptive sex scene.
Image for Big Summer
by Jennifer Weiner (Goodreads Author)