Goshtasp
Goshtasp asked:

Could one of the people who scorn this book in their reviews amplify their claim by providing at least one example where the author misinterprets history, provides incorrect facts, misrepresents the context etc.? I read many negative reviews and couldn't find anything but unjustified and vague criticism.

George Hong here is the issue. Islam is like early Catholicism with its equivalent of "papal infallibilty". the prophet can do no wrong. the text cannot be wrong. so the Islamic theologians bend over backwards to explain away Muhammad's wrong doing with excuses like "satanic verses". the best approach towards Islam is looking at Muhammad's life. he was abandoned by his young widowed mother at age 6 months to foster parents and grew up an emotionally immature troubled man who heard voices.
Sam Joseph Has There are many accounts here where the author misinterprets history. I just wish I had the time to answer all of your questions here. He questions the existence of Muhammad, for example. Well, the Armenian chronicler, Saboes, wrote about Muhammad back in 660 AD, saying that “Muhammad was a merchant, and confirms the centrality of Abraham in his preaching.” Spencer questions the origins of the Quran and its existence. Well that is very easy argument for anyone to debunk as long as they look at the historical records. Pick up any Arabic Quran today and you can easily compare it to a 6th century Qurans that can be found in Turkey or Uzbekistan (surviving copies of the original scripts from the 3rd caliphate). They match letter for letter. Here and like in many other instances Spenser writes out of hatred for Islam and ignores the facts. It is just not professional and it is unfair to history do destort it just because he is not comportable with it. What a shame I would say.

Regarding the origins of Muhammad see:
Cook, M. (1983). Muhammad (pp. 73-74). New York, NY: Oxford University Press.

Regarding his personality and the Quran, see:
Armstrong, K (2006). Muhammad: A Prophet for our Time (pp. 201-202). New York, NY: HarperOne.

The last one is my favorite book!
Image for The Truth About Muhammad