Bill Graham
Bill Graham asked:

Did anyone find it difficult to immediately recognize the constant switching of time periods throughout the chapters?

To answer questions about The Rise & Fall of Great Powers, please sign up.
Leslie Jones Yes! I found it hard to track where we were in the story ...
Lainie Yes, and I found it annoying. I don't see how it added to the story. For me, it seemed like a gimmicky device that missed the mark.
Yvonne Reading the book right now and I find it quite difficult with all those different time periods. I'm not really into the book right now.
Julie The labeling helped keep me oriented, but I did find that I had to flip back sometimes to see if I had already learned something or if it was just being revealed. I thought this was part of the narrative device, I guess, and enjoyed it.
Pamela Bayer No, I had no problem with the switching timeline and thought it was a fun and creative way to tell the story.
Sandra Yes and I was constantly thumbing back to remember the details.
Image for The Rise & Fall of Great Powers