Bogi Takács
Bogi Takács asked Lisa M. Bradley:

I know you like to research background thoroughly for your work, so I've been wondering, what was the weirdest book you ever read for research? Are there ones you wouldn't even admit having read? (I'm not asking for titles obvs, just a Y/N :) )

Lisa M. Bradley Ooh, good question, Bogi! When I wrote a (now trunked) werewolf novel many years ago, two peripheral characters were sex workers, so I read several books about sex work. I wouldn't say they were "weird" but I *felt* weird checking them out from the library.

More recently, for the Heidi in Exile books, I've been investigating guerrilla weaponry, which led me to buy The Practical Pyromaniac. Much of that research I've done online, however.

For the current novel-in-progress, I've been reading nonfiction about quacks and snake-oil salesman. And here it's true: Truth is stranger than fiction!

I don't think I've read a book I wouldn't admit to. It's not the sort of thing that I feel sheepish about, I guess. :)