Genevieve Newton

I think it is ironic how people either love this book or hate it, no in-between?

To answer questions about My Sister's Keeper, please sign up.
Amanda I'm solidly at 3 stars. I loved the concept. I really liked the family plot. I hated the stupid, ridiculous romance. I wasn't bothered by the ending, though the foreshadowing was so heavy-handed I saw it coming a mile away. Her characters don't have unique enough voices for the multiple POVs, so I was constantly having to think about who "I" was every chapter.
Khushboo I think it shows just how subjective the content of this book is. When i first started reading this book, i thought Anna was doing this for all the selfish reasons and I wanted her to keep going. Because a lot of times, families do make stupid decisions.
Halfway through the book, the whole scenario changed. Anna isn't the angry, neglected child. She's the loving, neglected child. And Sara is still worse. Until the last two chapters she's hard to even handle. She only thinks in terms of one child.
And I hated this book when i found out that Kate asked Anna to not donate the kidney. I hated the part that Kate got to live and Anna died despite everything that happened throughout the book.
But i love it because it is a beautifully written book. I love it because you can hate the storyline as much as you want but you cannot hate the characters. The characters are people, imperfect as they are. The story is what is hated by the people I'm guessing.
Image for My Sister's Keeper
by Jodi Picoult (Goodreads Author)