Sapir Mizrahi
Sapir Mizrahi asked:

Do you need to read "Being Emily" beforehand?

To answer questions about Just Girls, please sign up.
P1xt I'd say no. The characters from Being Emily make a cameo appearance in Just Girls, but though there is that crossover, each book stands as a distinct story on it's own. I'd read Being Emily as well (because it's awesome) but the order isn't really that important. Chronologically, the Being Emily story occurred before the Just Girls story but they're not a series so much as loosely coupled stories about tangentially related characters in the same "universe".

Personally, if I had them both to read over "for the first time", I'd read Just Girls first. They're both incredible, but for different reasons, and for me Just Girls was the better of the two. Bear in mind, that's just my opinion and "better" in this case is highly relative as I'm comparing "really, really awesome" to "really, really, really awesome" and better, in this case, is just the addition of another "really".
Image for Just Girls
by Rachel Gold (Goodreads Author)