Padmini Sukumaran

To answer questions about The Secret Garden, please sign up.
Ashley Menendez None of ya'll read the book or watched the movies, because she was definitely as in love as a 10 year old could be with that boy. The book makes that clear, and in the movie they give them plenty of scenes that make it clear.
Gabby I like to think that in the future Mary and Dickon get married and live in a nice cottage on the moor near Misselthwaite Manor. Her, Collin, and Dickon still take care of the garden and Mary and Dickon name their son Ben.
Hali Davidson I really dislike how people romanticise children's relationships. No, she was not in love with Dickon. She thought he was a god of nature, and the most wonderful boy who could live, but that does not equal love. Colin felt as deeply about Dickon as did Mary, and it's heteronormative and borderline creepy that people go around talking about children being in love with each other.
Addison Dixon No. They were young children throughout the book and simply friends.
Brown Sugar Toffee No, Mary does not fall in love with Dickon but I have a feeling that in the future that's what happens.
Tessa No, I don't think so. She likes him--he's one of the first people she's ever counted as a friend. But I do not think she has even a crush on him.
Katy Romantically in love? No. Was there a great love shared between the children that was beautiful and pure? Yes.
Alma Yep she was in love with both I think, and they with her. :)
Avery No I do not think so. I think they were just friends.
Nancy There were a few different movies made of the book. One of them had Collin and Mary come back as adults, after the war, and they meet in the garden. They learn that Dicken had died in the war.
Ilse Christina One of the most amazing things about this book is that this isn't a book about romantic love or romantic relationships other than the romantic relationship between her uncle and his passed wife. Dickon and Mary are friends and because of Dickon and his sister Mary learns to appreciate the world and set herself open for 'love'. All kinds of love. She learns to love herself in a healthy way, and what love is: caring, respect and appreciation for each other. More books should contain these values and motives, instead of 'romantic love...' ugh.
Maya Mary and Dickon have a special connection, but are merely good friends. I think that that relationship will continue throughout their lives.
Helen G
faith ♬
Tammy Durm I don't think so... although they are at the age where they are starting to wonder about these things, I don't think they are old enough to be in love.
Kenan Curry She doesn't in this book... She might in the sequel though.
Image for The Secret Garden