Goodreads asked Kyoko M.:

Kyoko M. Weirdly enough, like The Black Parade, this idea was partially inspired by a movie. I'm of course embarrassed to admit it, but hey, you can't help when inspiration hits.

The book I'm currently working on was partially inspired by the 2002 film 'Reign of Fire.' Yes, the goofy brainless action flick starring Christian Bale and bald, shirtless, growly-whispering, over the top Matthew McConaughey is the inspiration for my new science-fiction series. I am so sorry.

To be fair, though, it's not actually borrowing from it or anything. It's basically the idea that dragons someday overrun the world and we have to try to win it back. It's still just a WIP and I've logged in 12k words as of today, but I've already gotten the idea for two books based on what I've written so far. If nothing else, it might have the juice for a trilogy of books. If I'm lucky, I'll find enough material for a whole series, but we'll see how that goes.

It's still too early for me to reveal a title or a plot synopsis, though. Stay tuned as we continue into 2016, as I hope to release this novel in the summer of next year.