Ruth Saberton
Ruth Saberton asked:

Do we still identify with Becky?

To answer questions about Shopaholic to the Stars, please sign up.
Rachel Sadly, I think that ship has sailed for most of us. We can only hope that she's redeemed somewhat in the next book because the fans seem ready to abandon the series if it continues on this way.
Catalina I never identified with her. I just thought she was so fun and silly, and she still is! So I guess I am still finding her in the book, as fun and as alive as she always was!
Sarah Lee Not so much any more, she's becoming more selfish, irresponsible, and immature. By this point her character should have developed more and not slid backwards in time. This is how I would have expected a teenage Becky to act, by now as a loving mother, wife, friend, daughter she should know better. She's done plenty of stupid antics in the previous books that it should have taught her some more compassion by now! I'm not reading them for Becky anymore, but rather to see how things turn out for the rest of the characters. And I'm afraid to see how Minnie turns out!!! YIKES! Hopefully time spent with Luke, Suze and Becky's parents will round her out so she doesn't become her mom X500!!!!
Catherinesloper77 Nope. She has become a jerk. I used to love, love, lover her. But now she needs to grow up. She could still be funny and silly, but needs to think about her actions and her loved ones, at least once in awhile
Stina Dansie I don't know if the issue is so much with Becky's character in this book as it is the fact that the plot doesn't really go anywhere. I kept waiting for her visit to the Universal Studios to come back around - her to get in trouble and somehow survive the stitching incident. What bugged me the most was all these stories within the story but none of it went anywhere and then it ends just like that. I hate to say but I think this is the worst one of the Shopaholic books. Very disappointing.
Mehitabel I never identified with her in the first place, but I could empathize...in the beginning. I believe I stopped reading at "...and Baby". I do like Sophie Kinsella's stand-alone books, just not the Becky Bloomwood character.
Image for Shopaholic to the Stars
by Sophie Kinsella (Goodreads Author)