Rebecca Cecil
Rebecca Cecil asked:

IS ANYONE READING THIS AND HAVING A HARD TIME WITH GETTING INTO IT ? I AM TRYING TO READ IT BUT SO FAR NOT HOLDING MY INTEREST MUCH. I AM ON AGE 50 STILL NOT HOLDING MY ATTENTION.

To answer questions about Catherine House, please sign up.
Candice Gigous Save yourself and stop reading. The story gets a little more interesting at about 100 pages and then goes back to boring. I found the book to be a struggle to read and very tedious. I kept reading to see if anything described in synopsis actually happens, but nothing really happens.
Jennifer
Glenda Thompson Sadly I enjoyed the blurb much more than the story.
Linda It's meant to be a slow-burn and languid (much like the environment of the house itself), so if you cannot get into those kinda things I'd say the book isn't for you.
Laura I was looking forward to this book an now I cant fathom how anyone even read it !! This was the biggest disappointment I have had in a book I really wanted because it was so effin bad! everything is vague and never matters because the MC is to lazy to care about anything.
Kristina I had trouble reading this book as well. I read it until the end hoping the story would turn around. It did not. I especially disliked the ending.
Elfkin477 I gave up at the 25% mark when to that point the only interesting thing that had happened happened to a snail.
Mairy I am halfway into the book and really enjoying it. Not planning on DNF'ing.
Lauren Yes just finished it. It's a bit crazy and out there but despite that - I liked it because it's well written and I enjoyed the characters.
Melaney I came here to ask this exact question! (Although I was on page 40). Any recommendations for other books?
Johanna Beachy Honestly, I must agree. I had a really hard time finishing this book. The ONLY reason I stuck through it was because I said to know what the big mysterious secret was. I had read books before where it is hard to get into it, but if you stick through it you don't regret it. This was not that book. This book is fairly stagnant throughout. Even the big reveal feels incredibly anticlimactic. Maybe this some people's cup of tea, but man, it was not at all mine.
Candace Yes. So yes. I stopped reading it.
Rebecca Payne callaway Nothing ever happened. I almost made it to the end but thought the surprise was predictable. Boring.
JO I'm 66% in. I don't like it and just don't care. It isn't atmospheric at all and reads really... flat. I'm finishing it (it's a buddy read), but am liking it less and less as I go on.
CJ | A Well-Read Tart I feel like whoever wrote the book jacket should have written the ACTUAL book. I DNF'd this one after 100-something pages and then reviewed it on my blog. I thought it was just going to be me who didn't like the story, but a lot of people have told me since that they just can't get into it, either. In case you're interested, here's my review: http://www.wellreadtart.com/2020/03/1...
Rachael Eyre Agree 100%. I was enticed by the gorgeous cover and intriguing blurb, but the book itself didn’t work for me. The main character was such an unlikable waste of space!
Fenris It's fluff and poorly written. I finished it but it did nothing for me at all.
Icebear bro same but I completed it anyway, ahhhh but I like how ines doesn't let anything gets under her skin, but to be honest, the whole book was just vague. good luck with anyone reading it yay
Image for Catherine House
by Elisabeth Thomas (Goodreads Author)