Tamela
Tamela asked:

What was your inspiration?

To answer questions about Cherry Blossom Express, please sign up.
Kate Ressman I like to challenge myself. That means not only do I do Nano, write flash fiction on my blog, and participate in challenges hosted on other blogs, I do a 3-Day Novel once a year.

I didn't finish Cherry Blossom Express in three days. I finished most of it and took months to top it off.

But going into the 3 Day Novel, I had a black and white picture of a train hallway, a play list, the sidekicks, and a half-Japanese young woman in a 1950's style dress. She told me she'd been in the Internment camps as a child.

And I had a sound.

The working title was "hush-clack" - a reminder of the sound of the rails as you roll over them. The strange motion of the train and the sound. That's really where it all started. The sound and rocking motion of a train from another time.
Image for Cherry Blossom Express
by Kate Ressman (Goodreads Author)