Monique
Monique asked:

why do people like this book so much?

To answer questions about Me and Earl and the Dying Girl, please sign up.
♫✯Em loves Hollenstein✯♫❤the summertime and butterflies all belong to your creation❤ I like that it's so honest and hilarious- it doesn't hold back
Nada Adel In my opinion, this book broke the mold of how people should treat other people who have cancer. How to be empathetic towards people with cancer or any disability, rather than being sympathetic. Sympathy would be you expressing sorrow or whatever for the disability. Empathy is you accepting it and treating them like a normal human being.
Lindsay First thing I can think of...it's HILARIOUS. And nothing like TFIOS except for someone has cancer. This is not a love story! Great book, read it and form your own opinion!
Amelia People like this book because it is tragic, brutally honest and funny in a way that makes you feel strange. It's a book abot cancer but it's not a cancer book, if you understanc what I mean. It is a book that doesn't sheild the truth and holds not a single piece of cliche 'everything will be all right' or 'you've got cancer so we will fall in love.' It is raw, and that is why people like this book so much. There are people that will dislike it, but if you understand it, you will either love it or hate it.
Nicole Williams Still reading this book. Not that impressed with it and, like TFIOS, have no interest in seeing the movie (unless someone can convince me that the movie is better than the book).
Elias Well, a lot of people want to read the book before the movie comes out, and are liking it a lot. My one personal problem with the movie is that the guy playing Greg is going out with Sophie Turner and I hate him because I want her to be my girlfriend instead. #JealousOfFamousPeople
Majlinda Rusi It was hysterical! Earl's the man!
Amelia I honestly don't know. I didn't think it was funny and I didn't think Greg was a good person either.
The Boho Bookie to me, it is how much I feel I can relate but it also is because it is an amazing read I didn't want to put it down. I read it whenever I had a chance even if it was just for a second.
Becky This book was written the same year as The Fault in Our Stars, so the comparisons are a bit unfair since this book portrays cancer more realistically than the other. The author's voice is hilarious as he flails and fails at human contact. The movie enhances the book and bothe rare equally good.
Image for Me and Earl and the Dying Girl
by Jesse Andrews (Goodreads Author)