Goodreads asked Brittany Nicole Sanford:

Brittany Nicole Sanford I am sometimes struck with writer's block or a loss of inspiration halfway through a story. I usually handle a block in three different ways.
One way I deal with it is by going on a hurricane-brain storm. By this, I mean that I put the entire story up for a major make over. It is difficult and scary to do this at times, but sometimes every avenue needs to be explored, and sometimes that means major changes to things I normally would no want to change. In the end, some elements or even the entire plot can change.
Another way I handle writer's block is to put my story to rest and wait for inspiration. This option--waiting--can sometimes be easy, like taking a vacation, or be very painful, like giving up pizza the day of a pizza party and like reading a great book that ends in a cliffhanger and you have to wait months to read the next book. For me, putting my story to rest can be painful when my mind continues to drift back to a story and yet I have no useful ideas. In the end, waiting pays off. I have had success in waiting for inspiration to strike.

The third thing that I do is switch to a new/old story. If one story cannot come to fruition, maybe it is time for a change. Jumping to one of my older ideas (or a new one) relieves the block and the stress and also keeps my mind in the writing game and my fingers nimble from exercise.