Jacob Katumusiime

WHAT SHOWS KAREN BLIXEN'S LOVE FOR AFRICA?

To answer questions about Out of Africa, please sign up.
Meg Watson Blixen actually cared far more for the native peoples than the east Kenyan whites. Surprising that anyone could see it differently, as they are shockingly absent from her book, with the exception of her lover and her friend Barkley, and a few old characters. She fought hard for the Kikuyu to save their land before she left. She actually had an offer to stay in the house after the property was sold, but knew it would be too painful to see the development. I think she made a smart move.
Agnes Benita I read the first few pages and the impression I got is that Blixen loved Africa and hated the Africans themselves...she exploited them a great deal, for her own self gain.In any case, she loved the animals, the bushes and the like.I didn't like the way she regarded them in the third person all the time...I enjoyed the book anyway.
Farah The fact that she pointed out to Denys where she would like to be buried. Her vivid description of the land, her belief that she would live and die in Africa. The feeling of great loss as she left.
Wanyama Benard hello Jacob. i think Karen tries had to show African natives that she is part of them when her fate begins to show up .when she runs bankrupt she starts to see who Africans are that is to say in chapter 4 every body turns against Karen apart from Africans.but she does not show any love but she only shows it in disguise and pretense when she employs Africans feels for them and liking their ways..
Image for Out of Africa