Jennifer
Jennifer asked:

How crazy has the world gone when people can't just read a fictional book and enjoy it for the story, the FICTIONAL STORY that it is? Flatiron had to cancel the author's tour due to 'peril'. Good grief.

To answer questions about American Dirt, please sign up.
Kathy Patterson I believe it is a disgrace what they have done to his wonderful author. As readers, we should speak out about the unfair and obvious prejudice in the industry.
Linda C And that she "lied" when saying that her husband was an undocumented immigrant because he was Irish, not Central or South American or mexican. Apparently, there's no trauma in being deported when you're Irish. She never claimed he was anything except being undocumented which was, actually, true.
Maria Rose The peril I could see would be from someone who felt PC offended that someone like the author wrote this book. I can name a few Congresswomen who would call this a racist book because of the author who is not a classified woman of color, by their definition.
Kat I can only 'like' your question...I can't begin to think I can give an answer here. I agree with you, though. ;o)
Mauri Baumann When I read it, I looked at it as a thriller and that's how I'm going to talk about it in book club. I don't think it's precisely accurate....but I did enjoy it as a fiction book. Sad, that she had to cancel the tour.
Image for American Dirt
by Jeanine Cummins (Goodreads Author)