Nikki "The Crazie Betty" V.
Nikki "The Crazie Betty" V. asked Harper Bliss:

Harper, I'm always amazed at how real life your characters feel in your stories, so I have a question :) How much of your literature would you say is inspired by either something you've personally been through, or that someone close to you went thru?

Harper Bliss Hey, Nikki. Thank you for asking this question! I would say that, definitely for shorter works, it's mostly pure imagination. More of me comes through when I write something longer. Take French Kissing: I see some of my own personality traits pop up in certain characters. And my upcoming novel At the Water's Edge will have even more of 'me' in it. As for situations and story lines... Not a lot of that is inspired by my own life. They say that truth can be stranger than fiction, but if I were to base my stories on what happened to me, they would be rather boring. ;-)
I hope this answers your question! (Oh, and thank you for the kind words in your question. I'm taking them as a huge compliment!) ;-)