Dan
Dan asked:

How did you discover this book?

Jessica Dr. Cooney was one of my professors at UCLA. She taught a course on Women and Power in the Ancient World and was so articulate and passionate about the subject that as soon as I learned she was writing a book, it went on my to-read list.
Nikki My professor at UCLA! She focused on how women obtained power in a male-dominated world; how these women battled with stereotypes and oppression
Maëlle Gasquet Denver Museum after the 2016 exhibition of Mummies. In the gift shop. The concept really spoke to me ^^
Carrie Faith Taylor One of my professors posted a Facebook update that she was currently reading and enjoying this book.
to'c I attended a public lecture given by author. Part of the ISEPP series in Portland, Oregon. Her talk was an extension of her Hatshepsut research and a prelude to her next book focused on women in power in ancient and modern times. I certainly look forward to reading that!
Kate I follow Kara Cooney on Facebook, and she shared the book when it was published. She posts a lot of interesting articles about Egyptology and archaeology, so you might want to follow her too: https://www.facebook.com/karacooneyeg...
Jessica Stuff your mom never told you podcast!
Mkittysamom I actually won a ARC copy on Goodreads, and also have a digital ARC copy from Netgally. The netgally I got first, and the print came second. I was always interested in the lives of Egyptians so I check out any books that have that subject.
Joanna Read an article on it on GOOD: http://magazine.good.is/articles/hats...
Dolores I was at Deir el-Bahri February 2014 and have taken a Coursera MOOC on Nubia. Through Facebook contacts I learned about Dr Cooney and her upcoming book. I preordered and am looking forward to learning more about the female Pharoah.
Image for The Woman Who Would Be King