Mateus
Mateus asked:

Will I miss anything if I didn't read any other book in the Hercule Poirot series?

To answer questions about Murder on the Orient Express, please sign up.
William There's very little continuity between novels. You can start here for certain. I envy your chance to experience it anew. Enjoy!
Chase I usually refuse to read series out of order. However, I decided to do so with this one - reading it before reading any other Poirot novels (or any Christie novels at all, for that matter), and I don't think it impacted my enjoyment of the book one bit. I'm sure there were times where I might have been inclined to react to something as "Ha, classic Poirot!" - but that's it. If there were any callbacks to earlier novels, they were minor enough that I didn't felt like I was missing out on anything.
Marilyn Doolittle The books are not linked, so you won't miss any backstory or context, but if you don't read all of the Hercule Poirot series, your life will be less rich. :-)
Stephen Franks No. All her books are stand-alone stories.
Enjoy!
Benjamin Hollon This was my first Agatha Christie novel. I must say, it is nice to start on a high note.
Camille No. Agatha Christi doesn't have series, but uses the same characters in different books. I think this is a great book to start with. Then I would move on to ABC Murders then And Then There Were None.
EllieBooks No, I read this as my second Agatha Christie book.
Bob I would read The Mysterious Affair at Styles first since it has information about Poirot's back story. After that any order is fine. I do think that the middle books are weaker. Some of them I found outright boring, perhaps coinciding when she got tired of the detective. Still if you read a mystery from the classic era of crime fiction, Agatha Christie in my opinion is the best and most readable of that age.
NerdyGirl The books aren't exactly linked and read this first doesn't affect the experience. The stories tend to have small reference to this one and other books, but nothing that may be confusing.
Karen Jensen It follows the same Character, Hercule Poirot, as he solves crimes, but there's never a need to read one book before the other. I think Agatha Christie never intended it to be a series.
Rachel Nope! I read this book without reading ANYTHING by Agatha Christie. I didn't miss anything. You're good!
Kasper Clifford you definitely don't need to read other books.
Steven Perry I didn't read any other book with Hercule and didn't think it mattered
Sangeetha Renuka You can read ' Murder of roger ackroyd' and Ten little men.. Very different from the rest of christie's bibliography ..
Image for Murder on the Orient Express