Pamela Dodd
Pamela Dodd asked:

Am I the only one who returned this book? Honestly, I try to keep an open mind, but this one was just so bad....

To answer questions about The Lost Starship, please sign up.
Tammi Books, like art and music, are subjective. I found the thought of an ancient starship floating out in space somewhere exciting! Having read all 6 books, I can say with some clarity that this first book really was just a doorway to the subsequent stories. To me, they just got more epic as I went along. I thought it was awesome!
Miv I really liked it. I read the whole series, I wish there was more.
David Richardson I managed to read the entire book and I didn't care for it. You were smart not to waste your time on this one.
Michael Blackwell I also thought the idea of an ancient starship loyally following it's last orders a great idea.

About 2/3 of the way in and I can't stand it. It has the feel of a new author trying to build plot and character development or something, but it just feels so contrived. Scenes are supposed to drive the story further, this is one of those classic "then this happened, then these people did things, then this happened, and they were chased, then this happened, etc etc". Where's the story?
Ayush Singh I read just 10 pages and was done with the book. The pacing seemed off and the conversations were all over the place. Also the large info dump so early in the book was off-putting.
Leif Hietala This was pretty terrible. I'm frankly amazed it's rated as highly as it is.
Triple Dip listen to the audio books there quite nice
Hans Kerrinckx I'm at 50% and I'm going to finish it because I already have the two following books in my tablet. But this #2 sucks.
Image for The Lost Starship