Goodreads asked Celeste M. Gonsalves:

Celeste M. Gonsalves The very first thing I do when I recognize writer's block is to assess any internal influences. For example, am I hungry, tired, overwhelmed, stressed, emotionally drained, etc. After evaluating these factors, and dealing with them accordingly, I put my frame of mind in a space that strictly focuses on the overall goal of my writing project.

Taking time away from the project is also a technique I acquired over my writing experience. Sometimes I took a few days to ponder new ideas and ways of constructing sentences, then I would come back feeling refreshed and motivated to move forward.

One last thought. . . Understanding that most writers experience this set back while creating their current masterpieces can also be perceived as empowering. Overcoming it, however, is a personal, individual quest for every writer to explore with a trial and error approach.