Ellie
Ellie asked:

I am so sooo confused! i got asked to read this by friend and I'm completely lost like what is it even about?

To answer questions about All the Truth That's in Me, please sign up.
S.vasundara it basically about a girl who was kidnapped and then one day turned up lying in a stream next to her village (it set in a pretty old time) and its about the life she leads now, having never recovered from what happened and still suffering its consequences, its a really nice read and yes it sounds very depressing but its actually not that bad.
Elaine the start might be quite confusing but as you read it, it will make more sense but if you have already read it all I recommend reading it again because I did that
L36203 A girl who forbids herself from speaking
EmmaB I loved this book and spent some time while reading it figuring out where and when it took place (and the homelanders thing)- there were many elements of colonial America (Puritanical New England), but it wasn't completely clear. That said, I did find the book fascinating. For me it was about finding the courage to speak the truth -perhaps some of the confusion comes from the setting, and perhaps some from her being an unreliable narrator at times. Continue! It's worth it.
Star
Image for All the Truth That's in Me
by Julie Berry (Goodreads Author)