- fretnutt
- fretnutt asked:

I really enjoy this challenging books so far. However, I'm challenged by the first habit; Be Proactive. I can't find the definitions to what the 4 freedoms even mean. I can guess but I would like clarification. Any help would be appreciated. It's the 4 areas in between stimulus and response. Thank you,

Emeka This was discovered by Victor Frankl during the period of his torture by his Nazi captors where he could observe himself in that very involvement.
Between stimulus and response, man has the FREEDOM TO CHOOSE Within the freedom to choose are those endowments that make us uniquely human.
-Self-awareness
-Imagination
-Conscience
-Independent will
Dori Sabourin The four freedoms are: 1)self-awareness: the freedom to choose to stand apart and examine the way we "see" ourselve; 2) imagination: the freedom to choose to create in our minds beyond our present reality; 3)conscience: the freedom to choose to govern our behavior, to decide right or wrong, and the degree to which our thoughts and actions are in harmony with our sense of inner awareness of right and wrong; and, 4) independent will: the freedom to choose to act based on our self-awareness, free of all other influences.
Jen Sorry for the 2-year delay. I think it refers to security, guidance, wisdom, and power. The discussion about those four factors begins on page 110 in my version of the book, below an illustration of a circle with 4 outward arrows.
BlotterMonkey is this what you are looking for? https://www.stephencovey.com/7habits/...
this site seems to break things down somewhat.
PeaceAll Ian,
Here is a resource that will help clarify this. from Franklincovey site:
http://www.franklincovey.ca/FCCAWeb/a...

Second is an assessment which I found in the search. I had not seen it before but seems like a good one for even the slightest positive people try it
goo.gl/tPhyUb

does this help?
Milad thanks a lot all of you

Image for The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People