Lisa MacKenzie

Did anyone else question how the store could possibly be run 24/7 by just three employees ? This means they work seven days a week, with no time off and no sick days. I know this is a nit picky point but it stuck out to me as unthought out thought in the writing - an impossible/unrealistic way to write about the store’s operations.

To answer questions about Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore, please sign up.
Richard Yeah, that definitely occurred to me. And could they even use the restroom while on-shift?

One of the other big things that jumped out is that he uses the mapping of the book withdrawals over time to solve the Founder's puzzle - but the individuals who check out the books don't have access to the knowledge of where exactly the books are stored on the shelves, so how would they have solved it?
Image for Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore
by Robin Sloan (Goodreads Author)