Mike Gavin
Mike Gavin asked:

why are there NO (absolutely NONE) reviews written by men?

To answer questions about Recipe for a Perfect Wife, please sign up.
Pam Mertens I wish publishers would stop marketing books as "women's literature". I asked Penguin to stop classifying books as chick lit or women's fiction, but it's an uphill battle. Women are mothers and wives and girlfriends, so books about us should be read by all for a better understanding of life in general.
Sophia Why in the heck would a man be interested in reading this book?
VP Because, like me, a man or ANY PERSON would be so put off by how terrible it is.
Stephen I read this and enjoyed it, I just don't review very often.

Are you trying to find out if you should read this, or asking a question about society? (I'm happy to engage with either, just want to make sure I give you the one you want.)
RefinedRapture What's your take on the book?
Kathleen Problem with the book is that it’s boring - for a man or woman! It was a Did-Not-Finish for me.
Kara Helzer Honestly, that's not a terrible question. After having read the entire book, and how I feel about it... I'm not sure I could convince my fiance to read it and give me his review. I did share with him some excerpts as well as many of the quotes from the 50's and he was appalled by how people could think that way (aren't I lucky) but, maybe I can sway him and have him contribute to this thread :)
Susie This book’s cover, its title, & the fact that it’s feminist fiction, make it one that’s being marketed to appeal to women readers. If you want more men to read & review it, there plenty of things you could do: read & review it yourself, promote it to male readers by word of mouth & on social media, talk to the publisher & book sellers.... etc.
Image for Recipe for a Perfect Wife
by Karma Brown (Goodreads Author)