Jennifer
Jennifer asked:

My daughter is 12 and a fairly advanced reader. Would this book be appropriate for her?

Spencer This series deals with some dark themes, a lot of talk about death and morality, but there is no sex and very minimal cursing. There is a good bit of fighting/violence and blood, but no gore. It has great themes of strong family bonds and an overall hopeful tone despite the darker parts. If she is a more mature reader I’d have no problem letting her read it.
Kelly I'd just like to add the caution that this is an extremely violent series; lots of fighting and blood, maiming and even death. There is also some very dark themes. You and your daughter the best judges about whether or not she can handle it, but I wanted to give you guys a heads up.
Morgan As others have said, this is very dark and this also talks about some heavy topics such as religion.
Musika no this isn't good to read cause it has seggs in it and it's very bad
:D
Valeria B I read this when I was twelve and it’s a little dark but I think if she can handle that it’s a good series.
Image for Fullmetal Alchemist (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 1