peggy hill
peggy hill asked:

Are any animals harmed in this book?

To answer questions about The Wives, please sign up.
Christine I understand why you would ask if animals were harmed. It happens all the time in thrillers, especially if there are serial killers or any kind of psychopath involved. It's an easy way to show how hateful someone is or to evoke sympathy for a character. I hate seeing or reading anything about animals getting hurt and have to skip over those parts.
But you're safe, no animal abuse or murder in this one.

Deirdre From one animal lover to another; I can see why you’d ask that question. I hate when an animal appears in a book (unexpectedly) and I have to worry about whether it’s going to be harmed. I know it’s just fiction, but I hate reading about animal cruelty. There is an animal in the story briefly, but no animal cruelty.
Cardmaker That is the strangest question I think I've ever seen on here. Why would you presume that there might be animals harmed in a book called "The Wives"?
House of Books dont wory only women are abused in this book, you can read it freely lol
Gregg It's a book. The only thing harmed in its creation were trees.
Chris Hart This is the funniest thing I've read today. Actually laughing out loud!!
Amy I havent read the book and not sure I will but I love your question. I'm one of those people who need the T shirt "Did the dog die?" before I see a movie. I often comment in my reviews if an animal seemed mistreated or especially loved. In one review (A curve in the road) the dog was the most sympathetic character).
Thanks for the question.
Lorrie
Katie Comment only. Thank you for asking this question.
Mindy But it's OK if humans are harmed in this book??! What a skewed view.
Erin No animals are abused in the book.
Linda Great question. I can't handle reading about animals being harmed.
Jamie Lynn Lano There is some mention of eating animal parts in the types of food described, but no killing them on page.
M Munro No what Lorrie Dee mentioned below is true.
Image for The Wives
by Tarryn Fisher (Goodreads Author)