Bernardo Pina
Bernardo Pina asked:

How have you read all the books? I mean... Have you just passed through the reading? Have you paused the reading of the main story (Hobbit + LOTR) to read some reference on other books? Have you annotated the main story to reference the other books to the main story while reading Silmarillion and other tales? Have you done anything different? Thanks a lot.

To answer questions about The Fellowship of the Ring, please sign up.
Mary Holderby Hello, I am currently re-reading the books and have finished re-reading, first The Hobbit, and this morning finished re-reading The Fellowship of the Ring. I will begin re-reading the Two Towers and follow that with The Return of the King and then the Silmarillion. All of these I have read over the years several times. I also have a number of additional Tolkien books such as Lost Tales that I want to read but only after I complete my re-reading of the books I've mentioned. I don't take notes or anything. I have read other fantasy series such as what C.S. Lewis wrote - I can be very picky with fantasy books. If I get through all of the Tolkien books, some are re-readings and others for the first time, I have a great favourite fantasy Little Big by John Crowley to re-read and then Austen Tappen Wright's Islandia and then there are the Sir Benfro series. Life could stop me but those are the readings I have planned. I hope that this helps you make your own choices about your reading.
Image for The Fellowship of the Ring