Gabriella
Gabriella asked:

Is there any kind of romantic relationships in this book? If so is there anything explicit (more than kissing?)

To answer questions about The Pillars of the Earth, please sign up.
Elaine Yes and yes. Several explicit sex scenes and some pretty explicit rape scenes as well.
IvanOpinion I'd say at least one lengthy scene is pretty much porn. And bad porn, I think, because I would usually like this, but I found myself cringing in this case.

Several other earthy scenes. Several rapes, at least one of which is described in more detail than needed.

The novel isn't primarily a romance, but romance plays a significant part in the novel.

All m/f.
Cat Bezubiak If you are thinking of reading this book for the romance, find another book. While graphic, they are few and far between and reading the rest of the book just to get to them is a waste of time.

If you want to avoid anything beyond kissing, avoid this book. As a previous responder said, explicit. Extremely explicit.
Image for The Pillars of the Earth
by Ken Follett (Goodreads Author)