Goodreads asked Orlando Torres:

Orlando Torres Many people around me have asked me or told me "I have always wanted to write but..." and and endless list of lies we tell ourselves to not go forward with it. I know for a fact that what we write is not always good nor interesting to anyone (we tend to overestimate how good or interesting our own writings are), but there is much more to lose out of not writing than writing and figuring out what we wrote was not good after all. Iterations are very important in becoming good.

Additionally, it is quite easy to get an ISBN now through independent publishers, so even if what we write is not specifically good or interesting, it is always a nice experiment to just go with it, publish trash, and iterate ad infinitum. It worked for me!