Scott Barron
Scott Barron asked:

Thanks for reading - this short story actually came from a book I am writing which was intended to have a supernatural edge to it but after a little while my writing style (semi-planned panster, planster?) took it in a different direction. So, rather than waste it, I turned it into this short story which I will revisit once I finish my current book.

Scott Barron Work in progress – Next of Kin

Rachel is looking forward to finishing university and travelling the world, that is until her mother’s car leaves the road and plunges into the icy waters of the Charles River.

With her younger brother missing things take a turn for the worse when the hospital refuse to continue treating her mother.

As Rachel searches for medical insurance documents she discovers a hidden box containing information about an attack on a remote Kurdish village.

But as she looks into the events of the attack she is shocked to find out that her father may have been there.

Rachel seeks to find out the truth about his involvement, only to realise that by doing so she puts everyone she cares about at risk.

And once she learns what really happened, can she make the ultimate decision of who lives or dies?
Image for The Forgotten Cross