Selena
Selena asked:

Could someone use little words and explain the whole vampire/daemon/witch DNA stuff?

To answer questions about The Book of Life, please sign up.
Shakya Kayne Just as a tree can be grafted with another tree to make a new species, so can human DNA. Also if you think of our junk DNA as sleepers cells that can be woken at any time under the right circumstances then you start to get the idea. When a Witch made a child with a Daemon they produce a new species or one with subtle differences and as such new or different abilities. Matthew's human DNA had a sleeper cell that produced blood rage when it was woken by the introduction of Vampire DNA. Hope this helps.
Karen
Robyn Blaber I would say that it's a toss up to decide whether this last book was more poorly written or more poorly researched. Species with a different number of chromosome pairs are 'by definition different species. I believe that the author was trying to make her Mary Sue character into the most perfect Mary Sue ever, DNA contradictions be damned.
Diane The simplest answer I got was that the bottom line is that all were witches, daemons and vampires were all human, so the prejudice they had had against each other for ages was unfounded.
Jen Leigh The best answer is in the first book. Which in my opinion was the best of the series!
Image for The Book of Life
by Deborah Harkness (Goodreads Author)