Scott
Scott asked:

How do you write a prequel novel when no other book exists?

To answer questions about The Wrythe and the Reckoning, please sign up.
ange Right??? The whole 'quel' part is a reference to sequels- it's a book that is released after the 1st book but takes place chronologically before it. So it's...just the first book in a series, not a prequel, lol.
Yvonthia Leland Well, since I'm here I'm happy to answer your question. Remember, this is a fantasy novel series (but not high fantasy). I wrote a contemporary novel series first. (It's still in the works.) Then, I decided that I wanted to show the beginning of a major part of the contemporary novel series, how that particular thing happened. Thus, I wrote the prequel novel. By the way, I stated "prequel novel" only on the ARC. It isn't mentioned anywhere on the official publication, because I didn't want readers to get confused. Only those who read the entire TWARE Saga (a duology) will fully understand what I'm talking about. Book 2 will be released sometime in the near future (within a year).
Image for The Wrythe and the Reckoning
by Yvonthia Meredith Leland (Goodreads Author)