Linda G
Linda G asked:

If Santi Bess had conduction powers and led 48 people to freedom, why didn't she conduct Hiram's mother and Hiram?

To answer questions about The Water Dancer, please sign up.
Mikki Elodie the Ravenclaw Faery I was wondering about this too. On page 279 it says "Bess came to my momma one night, and told her that she must walk to a place where Momma could not follow. They were born to two different worlds, but my grandmother's was far gone. And now Bess must tell a story, the oldest story she knew, one that would turn back time itself, and journey her back to that place where her fathers were buried in honor, and her mothers gathered their own corn."
It also states later that Santi Bess only conducted people of solely African descent.
Rick Presley Good question and one that isn't answered until you understand why he went back and why Sophia wouldn't leave without him.
Image for The Water Dancer