Camille
Camille asked:

HOW DOES IT DIFFER FROM THE HULU SERIES?

To answer questions about The Handmaid's Tale, please sign up.
Mandy Farrar In the book, Offered seems a lot more resigned to her fate and slightly more torn and possibly accepting of the new “normal”. Her detailed thoughts seem more in line with what we as women might be thinking and feeling in a situation such as hers, very humanized. In the show, she shows more of the badass-ness that you only slightly glimpse in the book.
The book ends abruptly with her “rescue/death” (this is undefined). But in the show, it shows her pregnant, running away, having the baby, returning, being punished, the whole nursing bit, the way she talks to the Commander and Serena is more severe, Ofglen’s life and escape, Moira’s escape, Luke’s escape, her choice to not escape and her struggle to find and rescue her daughter...I mean there’s a whole MESS of stuff they made up to continue with the story. I watched the show first, then read the book and I preferred that way better for this title. I don’t usually do that. The book itself is 294 pages. Pretty short. The Hulu season just finished 3 seasons and is on its way to a 4th.
Image for The Handmaid's Tale
by Margaret Atwood (Goodreads Author)