Gloria Getty
Gloria Getty asked:

The author was interviewed on CBC Radio's Q by Jian Gomeshi and she sounded very interestingand hilarious and he sounded very enthusiastic about this and her others too. II think it might be a good one to get my 14 yr old daughter to read too. Someday. I'll read it soon I hope. What age is reasonable for her I wonder?

To answer questions about How to Build a Girl, please sign up.
Jess Parsons It's not dissimilar to Sue Townsend's Adrian Mole books which I read when I was about 10. Anything your daughter doesn't understand will go right over her head, and anything she does understand will enlighten her. Better her learning about life and female sexuality from a feminist like Caitlin Moran than any influence she'll be exposed to on the playground or in the media.
Elizabeth M Here's a WAG: Harry Potter's Remus Lupin (as in loup garou).
Lily Luna I read it when I was twelve, but that was when it was not well known at all- I had no idea what i was in for. Whilst I enjoyed it (the sex scenes ect. didn't bother me at all) I now know what it's about and would recommend it to the adventurous 14 plus.
Julie The girl in the story has a lot of adventures with sex, drugs, and rock n' roll - depends on what kind of parent you are :)
Pippa It's very funny, but no, it's far more graphic than Adrian Mole (detailed sexual descriptions and lots of drug use, for instance), and it's the sort of humour that you only appreciate after you've lived through being a young adult (ie. best at around age 20-21.) Definitely not yet, I'd say... though it is hilarious for adults.
Image for How to Build a Girl