Simo
Simo asked:

To answer questions about Lady of the Lake, please sign up.
Lance That's a great question - one that I also pose in my review.

**Spoilers**

I believe that she went there in order to save Yennefer, which I think is believable. I do believe that Ciri would be willing to sacrifice herself to save her 'mother.' That said, I also think it is very 'out of character' of her to simply surrender herself to Vilgefortz - with no plan - thinking that he would then just let Yennefer go. First, she's dealt with him before so she knows that he's not an altruistic guy. Secondly, I just don't think - at this point in the saga - that she is that naïve and trusting. So, like I said, it seems out of character for her to just surrender herself. It would make more sense if she had at least, first, tried to use her powers to save Yennefer or tried to sneak in under the cover of darkness. So, I agree, it's confusing.
Maria Rose Yes she went there willingly, but she had undisclosed to us readers a plan in the back of her mind. After reading this question, I realized what I am guessing happened. She has power over time and she tried various methods to find the right time to get to both Geralt and Yennefer. Once she learned locations and places via the time travel, she also learned how to see events that had occurred and if it was possible, she was going to change the ending results by physically being there. So I think she knew the timing of Geralt's arrival and the connection of the crows to Regis the vampire would be an indicator for her to start screaming right before she is supposed to undress and sit in that chair. This is just a guess but it fits with the logical thinking of Ciri, she imagines results from different angles
Image for Lady of the Lake