Angela Petch
Angela Petch asked:

Stefania, I'm curious to know if you write your lovely stories straight into English or first into Italian?.You have some refreshing similes that might be Italian... So lovely.

Stefania Hartley Hello! First of all, I owe you a HUGE apology for not replying sooner. I really must get to grip with technology and find out how to get Goodreads to send me notifications about lovely message like yours straight into my inbox (I'll get on the job as soon as I've answered you).
I'm delighted that you like my stories. Thank you for letting me know! To answer your question, I always write directly in English but Italian sayings often pop into my head (things like 'a man as good as bread', to say a thoroughly good man). When I like these Italian similes and I think that they suit the story, then I translate them into English and include them. "Grazie" again for your kind words and "tante buone cose", many good wishes, Stefania
Image for Fresh from the Sea and other short stories
by Stefania Hartley (Goodreads Author)